Friday, June 8, 2012

An update before settling in to work.

It's been a crazy couple of days.

There are two separate but similar agent contacts in progress.

First, Lisa (L.J. Cohen). She loved Spore and sent it to her agent (at The Knight Agency). Her agent didn't rep my kind of stories, but she really liked Spore, so she's sent it on to another agent in the agency. I haven't heard anything since, but I'm quite hopeful.

Second, Catie (C.E. Murphy) contacted her agent (at Donald Maass Literary Agency) about her (Catie) talking to a specific agent there about me because she, too, loved Spore. Her agent said sure! Catie told her all about me, and, today, I sent this agent a query letter via email. I'll probably know next week if she wants to see either, or both, books.

In the letter, I described Spore and Morgan's Run, and said I had synopses for both, because I *thought* I had. But my only synopsis for Morgan was from before I'd written it (aack!) so this weekend I'll be writing that synopsis.

I'm feeling incredibly happy and, dare I say, excited about all this. I've been needing to make a change, been stuck in my happy little rut a long time, and this just feels RIGHT, ya know?

If both agents decline to take me, Catie suggested another agent who handles books like mine, and I still haven't heard back from Juliet (I'm kind of thinking she'll email me Mon or Tues) and I'll follow wherever her nudges lead.

After that, I don't know yet. But it seems like I have quite a lot of options already. Despite the shock of all this on Wednesday, I'm feeling really optimistic.

It's time. Time to move forward, time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment