Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's the solstice

Chapter 9 is kicking my butt. I've written and ripped more words than I care to admit, and it's screwy. I know what happens, what Sean needs to learn, to *do* but it just keep going splat. It's very aggravating and I can't move the story forward until he does these things, but he doesn't want to and we just keep splatting.

Grr.

Otherwise, things are regular-busy around here. Someone has her very first cold - mostly runny nose and an occasional cough, no fever - and it's making her kinda cranky, poor kid. She really hates having her nose wiped. We're down to 4 cats. Laura had her wisdom teeth out and has been home all week because she doesn't feel good either. Bill's back at the local posty office, mostly sitting around bored, sometimes transferring vehicles between post offices, or delivering rush packages. I've sewn, a little, but nowhere as much as I probably should, considering we're halfway to Christmas. I'm bloated, my legs at least, because of heat - it happens every summer. Sigh. Been trying to budget, to cook more, to clean more, all the while glowering at chapter 9.

I'm about to rip out Sean's second interview on his front steps for the 4th or 5th time. Gak, I hope I can get it to behave - or at least be interesting - this time.

Update:

Chatted w/ a friend at Forward Motion about the scene and totally redid it from scratch. MUCH better now. 684 words so far (probably for the night because it's almost 12:30 and I still have to do dishes, clean the kitchen, and get to bed, sometime yet tonight. ;))

Go Spore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment