Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Today I sewed. Mostly.

Cut, sewed and finished 4 blocks for the Victory Quilt, sewed backing for one appliqué doggy block, and pieced all of the borders for Sarah's pink and green quilt. Also attended the charm swap at Tanya's tonight and, as usual, it was pretty chaotic. I don't know why I keep going.

Tried to write, but still too flustered from last night's misstep with a writer friend. She'd been having trouble with her story, and we'd chatted a while about it in a private chat, everything I suggested brought forth a reason why it wouldn't work. Very defeatist. When I suggested just letting the story do what it wanted and to stop worrying about meeting any particular plot criteria, she said some rather nasty things about me and my writing, including that my method was 'hope in one hand and shit in another'. Today when I tried to apologize for upsetting her, she blew me off. I know she's having a really tough time - her mother died a couple of months ago, she's long-term unemployed, nothing's working out for her, etc - and she feels like nothing is in her control. I understand that, I DO. I was just trying to help her find a little happiness in her prose at least, but I just made it all worse. I feel awful.

Also, no response yet from Super Agent Bill on the proposal packet I sent over the weekend. It's a holiday week and all - and he might not even be in the office - but I'm sitting and stewing over that, too.

Anyway, there are no words in my well tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but I would have made the same recommendations as you did. It really sounds like she's determined to be frustrated -- even if she doesn't realize it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete